Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fun Times For Me

I haven't written too much personal stuff, so why not start now?

Over the last few weeks, I have been receiving letters of acceptance (or rejection) from universities across the country for graduate school. Unfortunately, the vast majority have been negative. However, I only needed one positive response, and I have that--thank you Ohio State. There are still a few other universities I am waiting on, but I am suspecting that the turnout will not be the best, so my sites are looking towards Columbus right now.

In other news, the weather has been a bit crazy here in Michigan. The other day a large snowfall hit East Lansing, and the word on the street is that the county has used up almost all the salt because of the large levels of snowfall and icy conditions during this winter. So the roads were really bad when I was picking up my girlfriend. Actually, it caused by first collision with another car!

It was an unusual experience when I was coming to a red light, one care already stopped there about 20 feet ahead of me and my brakes fail to slow me down in time--anti-lock brakes are great, but you just can't beat ice's low coefficient of friction. So, I hit the guy in front of me . . . with less that bumper car momentum. Whew. No damage was done; in fact, the guy in front that I bumped never even looked back. Things would have been a lot worse if he hit me from the back since I have a trailer hitch that would screw up his bumper so bad.

Otherwise, things are good. Spring Break starts Friday (and ends next Friday because I have to work at the planetarium), classes are going well, and I'm havin' the time of my life with by feminine acquaintance. And in case she is reading: Ich liebe Dich, mein Schatz!

1 comment:

sarah* said...

Ich liebe dich auch!!!