Thursday, August 16, 2012

A New Skeptic Blog Site

I was very happy to be invited to post at Debunking Christianity a bit ago about my research on the Star of Bethlehem, and the comments there were interesting. It's also a high-traffic site, so that certainly helped get what I have done noticed.

But now it looks like DC is moving in with a bunch of new roommates at Skeptic Blogs

I imagine this was inspired by when DC was at Freethought blogs, but because of some internal disagreements (of which there have been a number of public ones recently) that partnership ended. Nonetheless, there is a lot to be said for having a network of blogs working together for a similar goal. And their goals are something I can get behind.
We seek to collectively provide a positive set of voices on behalf of science, reason, and skepticism. We take aim at critically examining the basis of religious faiths, their holy books, claims of miracles, and of the paranormal, without neglecting the adverse cultural impact they have on us. We will do so from a diverse set of perspectives and disciplines of learning.
I think I can get behind that. And I'll have to spend some time reading A Tippling Philosopher there, not least because the author was the one that invited my post at DC.

I'd check out.

No comments: