Friday, August 3, 2012

AAPT Summer 2012 Meeting

I recently returned from Philadelphia which had hosted the American Associate of Physics Teachers. There I was able to give a talk (two actually since my adviser wasn't there to give it) and a poster. Both talks were short (< 10 minute); the first was about the origins of student misconceptions, and the other was about my paper summarizing research on Project-Based Learning (PBL). The poster was about a PBL curriculum to teach Newtonian mechanics with a roller coaster. Neither of the talks were recorded, but I do have a picture of my poster:



I hope to publish on a number of things in the near future, but I have kept myself busy in making curriculum materials for the upcoming semester. A lot of changes are happening, and they will include the latest physics education research. So much work, but I'm hoping for a good payoff.



Back to work now!

No comments: